Background

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Regret

We all have some. We're not supposed to dwell in them, however.
Such a dichotomy. Live in the now, but what did we do to bring us to "the now." What can we do better. That's supposed to be self-actualization, right?
I can think of a whole bevy of things.

Twice, in H.S., I got a little full of myself & broke up with my boyfriend thinking I could do better. Twice I regretted it afterward. But H.S. is full of such blunders, right? We're learning who we are & who we're to become.

So, here I am, on the verge of 40. Yes, 40!!! And still with the blunders. And so many regrets. I'm learning to let go & let God. Knowing there's a master plan behind it all both has me feeling comforted & bewildered. And that's where free will comes in.

Ahhh... my blasted free will. I CHOSE where I am today.
How comforting. If only I'd let go & let God SOOO much sooner... ??? Or found me a magical, time-traveling psychotherapist.

That's where "Being Erica" comes in. I discovered this little show on SOAPnet. Don't know how because I have never watched SOAPnet. I have enough fantasy & daydreams living on in my own head, thank you very much.

But "Being Erica" is all about having the ability to go back & undo past regrets. The character can't change "destiny," but does come to some interesting realizations about how things would (or wouldn't) have changed in spite of them.
In the end, it's all about being okay with our own decisions.

What is your biggest regret... & how would you have rewritten things?

4 comments:

  1. Hi CB! Thanks for your comments on my blog - and welcome to Blogdom.

    I rewrite one of my biggest regrets every day - like you, I broke up with a boyfriend in college, thinking the grass was greener....It was the biggest mistake I ever made. I had the chance to undo it 5 years later - and I did. We have been married almost 15 years now!

    Sometimes it takes a leap of faith. I have a highly unusual arrangement, living in a small mountain town, but working for an office in a big city halfway across the country. My husband and I took a huge risk to follow a dream. That is my biggest un-regret! Having the courage to do what other people think is insane.

    Welcome, again. I look forward to following your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on this band journey! it will help you do amazing things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! It was nice to hear from you...a fellow Christian! Hope you are having a wonderful day! We are getting snow and schools are out. But I am at work. Yuck!

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may have regrets but it would be worse if you were not doing something about it. Enjoy the journey too

    ReplyDelete